A comprehensive HIV/STD prevention and sexual health education curriculum adapted for special education students in grades 7-12, and for developmentally delayed adults in community-based settings.
- Classroom Ground Rules
- Changes During Puberty
- Hygiene and Self-Care
- Appropriate Private and Social Behaviors
- Friendship and Bullying
- Sexual Contact
- Germ Transmission
- Contraception and Condom Use
- Resistance Skills
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Seeking Help
- Accessing Health Services
- Teacher-Friendly Lessons with Marginal Notes
- Pre-Post Tests and Daily Wrap-Up worksheets
- Family Home Assignments
- Masters for Student Activity Cards
- Downloadable support materials with teacher’s lesson slides, printable discussion and icon cards and parent materials
To download and play an interactive PDF presentation featuring a preview of the Special Education curriculum content and features, please right-click (or control+click) on the button below and choose "Save Link As…" to save the file to your computer.
NOTE: Due to the interactive content, this PDF will not display in your internet browser. It must be saved to your computer and opened with Adobe Reader 9 or newer. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free here.