Overview & Features
Positive Prevention PLUS curriculum is written by teachers, for teachers in compliance with the updated California Education Code including the “California Healthy Youth Act” (AB 329) and “Sexual Harassment and Violence Instruction“ (SB 695) and the National Health Education Standards. Each edition features engaging and easy-to-follow semi-scripted lessons and support materials. Your curriculum will arrive shrink-wrapped and three-hole punched including lesson dividers and sample Student Workbook, ready to be placed into a three-ring binder.
ALL EDITIONS INCLUDE:
- Pre-Post Test
- Lesson Previews
- Lesson Wrap Ups
- Marginal notes to teachers
- Masters for Student Activity Cards
- Parent materials in Spanish and English
- Assignments to be completed with a parent or trusted adult
- Instructional strategies aligned with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- Downloadable support materials with teacher’s lesson slides, parent materials and Safe Surrender video clips
- Student workbooks in Spanish and English (can be purchased separately)
! ATTENTION OUT-OF-STATE OAH GRANTEES:
Many OAH grantees are ordering the 2016 edition of Positive Prevention PLUS. This edition contains the same original eleven lessons which were evaluated in the OAH-TPP Tier I Research Project, plus two additional lessons (on STDs and Safe Surrender per California requirements). You may either exclude these extra two lessons from your program, or use them by submitting an OAH Adaptation Request Form.